Scope of works:
The West Dilston scheme required the investigation of a bank slip which was encroaching towards two domestic properties on site, followed by excavation and stabilisation of the bank using engineered fill materials.
An existing dilapidated culvert was replaced with a new twin-wall culvert and gabion headwall.
Principal activities included:-
- Felling and clearance of trees and vegetation.
- Construction of 3 metre high ‘gabion’ headwall and outfall to retain new embankment.
- Excavation of slip, importation of coarse sandstone fill material and filling and compaction to stabilise bank.
- Installation of new 600mm diameter culvert ‘diversion’ c/w chambers.
- Re-connection of drainage pipe work damaged by land slip.
Get a copy of the project report here.