The Directors of the Company recognise that training of staff must be a high priority if it is to create and maintain both a satisfied and motivated workforce and customers whilst providing controlled expansion.
Training and development will ensure all employees will be given the necessary opportunity and assistance to develop knowledge, skills and attitude required to successfully carry out their duties and responsibilities whilst being given opportunity for career development.
The company will endeavour to provide training to satisfy its requirements as identified by managers and personnel appraisal, to fulfil the needs of the individual. It should be recognised that adequate resources, time, money and facilities will be required to ensure the above can be achieved successfully. Training should prioritise maintenance training first, strategic second and personal development third. The company management shall identify what industry wide support is available to facilitate and assist training (eg CECA, Construction Skills, Learning Skills, Grants) and will take full advantage thereof.
The general aims will be:
- Training (including formal induction) to be provided on a regular basis to reinforce and update understanding of the Company’s objectives, policies and procedures.
- Encouragement of job satisfaction and maintain efficiency and development. Staff will be involved / trained in a variety of skills to achieve flexibility.
- All employees will receive training in health, safety and welfare at varying levels in order to meet the needs of the individual and ensure compliance with current Health & Safety legislation and codes of practice.
- The Director’s will identify, at least annually, the training that will be required to help the Company meet its targets. Sufficient finance will be budgeted to achieve these aims.
- Career related further education should be encouraged where possible including use of external facilities such as local colleges.
- Promotion of National Vocational Qualifications, particularly in line with CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) cards.
- Regular Site Manager training and promotion of tool-box talks.
- Standardise training records and ‘trigger’ dates for refresher training.
- Obtain Investors in People’ accreditation.
- Formulate and implement CITB (or equivalent) accredited training plan.
- Implementation of staff and employee appraisal system.
Due to the diversity of operations in the construction industry, we can offer a wide variety of careers and opportunities to suit all levels of experience, skills, and expertise.
We offer placements and work experience opportunities for further and higher education students and those who are unemployed and seeking a career in construction. We also endeavour to offer several apprenticeships each year.
Current Vacancies (updated 6th January 2020)
We currently do not have any vacancies
For all HR enquiries, please contact:
Kerry Stanford – Mill House Hownsgill Industrial Park Consett Co Durham DH87NU