The Chase Farm Drive scheme involved constructing infrastructure for a new 84 unit housing development at Chase Farm Drive, Blyth for Barratt North East on a former arable and opencast site.
Absolute Civil Engineering Ltd adopted the role of Principal Contractor on site until completion of the works and hand over to the Client.
Principal activities included:-
- Excavation and removal of circa 10,000 m3 of spoil stockpiles from site.
- Foul and storm sewer outfall connections in the highway.
- Construction of foul and storm water sewers in the new estate roads.
- Installation of road crossing ducts and attendance on statutory service providers.
- Excavation in road to facilitate drainage.
- Construction of kerbs and road pavement.
Note: Absolute Civil Engineering Ltd was also contracted by Barratt North East to carry out the construction of plot works,
paving, drives and public footpath works under a separate follow-on contract.
Get a copy of the project report here.