Scope of works:
Absolute Civil Engineering Ltd were engaged by the Client to carry out bulk earthworks on the former Weetslade Colliery site to create a platform for follow on industrial and commercial development.
Principal activities included:-
- Topographical Survey & Ground Modelling to confirm earthworks balance and design.
- Excavation, transport, deposition and spreading of circa 100,000 cubic metres of colliery spoil on site.
- Removal of a stockpile of suitable granular material for re-use off site.
- Protection of services crossing the site.
- Cleaning and jetting of existing storm water culverts and sewers crossing the site.
- Traffic and pedestrian management of highway, public walks and car park(s) adjacent to the site.
- Excavation and maintenance of surface water ditches on site and general surface water and environmental management during the contract works.
- Reinstatement, cultivation and seeding to 17 hectare area following completion of earthworks re-profiling.
- Management of Health, Safety and Welfare on site.
Get a copy of the project report here.