Scope of works:
Demolition and Gable Retaining Wall
The scheme required the controlled demolition and removal of a section of dilapidated three storey building (with basement).
Temporary shoring was required to support the existing buildings.
A new external retaining gable wall was then constructed to support the existing ‘Grande’ Buildings on the High Street. The buildings to be retained were occupied throughout the duration of the scheme.
Principal activities included:-
- Controlled Asbestos Removal & Disposal.
- Installation of temporary shoring to facilitate demolition and
- removal of building.
- Demolition and removal of ‘centre section’ of building.
- Construction of new foundations and masonry retaining ‘gable’
- wall to support existing occupied buildings.
Get a copy of the project report here.