After working with Lanchester Wines and Greencroft Bottling over several years on multiple projects to improve their infrastructure and prepare for future improvements to the site, we had the privilege of working on their new bottling factory, Greencroft Two. The new 22,000 square metre facility will double the potential capacity of Greencroft Bottling to 400 million litres per year, which will equate to around a quarter of all wine sold in the UK. ACE took on the civil engineering works, as well as the principal contractor role for the site, which involved overseeing the design and installation of the EV, LV and HV electrics.
The civil engineering works on the site involved the following:
- Foundations, internal slab and external slab which used a total of 10,000 cubic metres of concrete (or 1667 concrete wagons)
- Both internal and external foul drainage and external storm drainage, totalling around 3,000m in length.
- Installation of a brand-new pumping station for the foul drainage
- Concrete retaining walls
- Soft and hard landscaping, inclusive of tarmac footpaths and car park, block paving, flagging, fencing, gravelling, topsoiling and kerbing.
- Dock levelling facilities
- Ducting for the new facility as well as future proofing for future improvements.
Some of the previous projects undertaken on this site can be found at the links below: